Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Out with the Old, In with the Glue!

Meet my new face! I went to see Herr Doctor this morning and he removed my stitches - all 100 or so of them. I believe that elevates me to the NHL in terms of sheer number of stitches in my face. It pinched and it felt like he was pulling out my hem, which he was because I guess it was all one very long thread. I am glad they are out but everything is throbbing a bit.

After he took them out and cleaned the area, he put some glue on the incision and added the lovely steri-strips you see here. So I feel less like Frankenstein and more like a crafts project. I keep these for about two weeks.

He didn't have the biopsy results back (Thursday most likely) but he went over the information he gave me after the surgery - 100% of which I didn't remember - and told me a little bit more about what they did. The surgery went very well and they did remove a portion of parotid gland and tested that during surgery. That was clear. I asked if that was a good sign and he said "yes". My ear is huge because they detached it from the rest of my face and replaced the skin with some from my neck. The tightness is from the mini-face lift. They did move muscles so that is why I am sore. I've got some severed nerves that will eventually re-attach themselves and begin to work so it will feel like my face again. Eventually. He said I had beautiful skin (charmer) so it should heal nicely but there will always be a loss of feeling.

I can't work out yet because I can't get my heart rate up so that kind of sucks but I can go back to working in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment