Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh, the Shark, Babe, Has Such Teeth, Dear


This post is in honor of Chip. As I watched the debacle that was the end of the Washington Capitals mighty President's Trophy (a jinx as deadly as an SI cover) winning season, I only had thoughts of Chip. The Chip who considers himself first and foremost a Red Wings fan. The Chip who probably gets all of his hockey knowledge reading John Buccigross. The Chip who lectured me nigh on 2 months ago on the Red Wings lost season ("they won't make the playoffs" he said), on the Red Wings roster ("their time has passed" he said), and on the future of the NHL ("the Capitals will win the Stanley Cup this year" he said). Well, Chippers, it's Thursday April 29th and the Red Wings are in San Jose getting ready to face the Jabberjaws (okay, I stole that reference but I love it) and the Capitals are polishing their golf shoes.

Did I ever mention that I love Bobby Darin?

No comments:

Post a Comment